Thursday, August 21, 2008
Top 5 Reasons I Yearn for October
1. The cooler weather. Recent sub-100-degree days have offered an enticing preview of fall.
2. More willingness on my part to go outside, so I can repaint the trim that the previous owners of this house chose not to finish painting. It's on the roof peak. I spotted the incomplete paint job when I was watering our neighbors' plants back a few months ago. It's been bugging me ever since. I also want to repaint the shutters and doors from black to purple. Yep, purple. The paint color's proper name is "blackberry jam".
3. Gardening season! That dustbowl of a front yard is going to get a major overhaul and another baby tree. The baby tree we have out there now is lonely.
4. My birthday. The one day out of my year when tater tots and cupcakes are an acceptable meal.
5. The BYOP party! It's gonna be fun! I love carving jack-o-lanterns! Save the date of Saturday, October 25.