1. I renewed my driver's license. So, that was 90 minutes of smelling all the odors, and bemoaning the lack of WiFi strength there. According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
"You must appear in a driver license office at least once every twelve (12) years for a vision test and to update your photo, signature and fingerprints."
Has it really been 12 years already? Happy Birthday to me, because I get to keep driving legally.
2. I appreciated this cute Google doodle set for my birthday.
3. I got a manicure and pedicure at Embellish nail salon today. Love it! Last year I booked a mani-pedi at an expensive, fancy day spa, only to have that fancy place call the morning of my birthday last year and tell me that the foot spa was broken and they couldn't do my appointment. Then the fancy place, which has my birthday all over my account information there, didn't even wish me a happy birthday. Subsequently, the fancy day spa that charged twice the price for a mani-pedi lost me to Embellish as a customer. I love Embellish!
4. Chad and I ate dinner tonight at The Beer Plant, which opened just last week. The whole menu is vegan. We got to choose from the whole menu! (As opposed to hunting through the menu and asking the server too many questions to find something vegan to eat.) The setting is dark and moody in a nice way. The food is excellent. I'm so excited to have a delicious, brick and mortar (as opposed to food truck), vegan restaurant so close to my home. I'm so excited to eat the leftovers tomorrow. Seriously. Buffalo Cauliflower, Jardinero quinoa tacos and the Southern Comfort plate of vegan versions of comfort food made my taste buds so happy! Even if you're not vegan, you will like this gastropub.
5. I opened the Birthday Cake Oreos. Instant party.
I've already done five things to celebrate, and it isn't even officially my birthday yet. It's going to be outstanding. I feel it.