1. Laminate does not belong on countertops. Or floors. Or anywhere.
2. Granite is over. It has been for a while. Deal.
3. Quartz is acceptable.
4. The right composite is also acceptable.
5. If the stove/oven aren't gas, then I'm not cooking/baking on/in it.
6. French door refrigerators with freezers on the bottom are divine.
7. Fiberglass is not an acceptable material for anything that involves plumbing.
8. Glass windows with metal frames or thick wood frames. No vinyl. None.
9. White subway tiles are timeless.
10. If you love it, then hey, you be you.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
My Valentine knows what I like. I've been pining for this Jonathan Adler ceramic dragon for quite a while. The lovely is finally mine! Heartfelt thanks to Chad for indulging my dragon habit.
I put him on the bedroom dresser, so I can see him when I wake up each morning. Well, at least on the mornings I wake up after sunrise.
In other "put a dragon on it" news, MINI designed a dragon-mobile. Follow *this link* for the other motorist-steered custom designs. Vote for the dragon. It's seriously my favorite one.
Wednesday, February 05, 2014
People at the MINI dealerships write MINI in all caps. Maybe to relay the mighty motors and precision handling under the little exterior. Maybe because MINIs are so exciting, that one must visually yell to herald it. Maybe because it just looks better from a graphic standpoint. Whatever the reason, I got my own MINI. I love it.
Speaking of my Mazda 3, Chad drives it now. Long story short, he is fine. No one else was involved. Chad wrecked his lovely orange MINI S Coupe. His MINI protected him like a shark cage. No more two-seater, sporty cars for Chad for a while. He has crossed off of his bucket list, "find the limits of a sports car."
All glibness aside, I'm so very thankful that Chad wasn't injured, that he didn't harm anyone else and that we have good insurance.