Usually Austin does not have winter longer than 3 days, but this year we totally had a cold, drippy winter complete with two snow dustings and multiple freezing days and nights. What?! I'm excited for spring this year in a way that I have not been in years past. Though not officially spring until March 20, I see buds peeking out already. Here are five things I'm looking forward to this spring in Austin.
1. Strolling through Zilker Botanical Garden
2. Kayaking again on Town Lake (a.k.a. Lady Bird Lake
3. The view from Mount Bonnel
4. Checking out the Yippee Ki Yay installation at Pease Park
|Photo from PeasePark.org|
5. Visiting Ellsworth Kelly's 'Austin'