I'm reading a great book currently that conveys vivid smells as keys to deep sensory memories. With that as inspiration, I present to you my top five favorite smells and top five least favorite smells.
Least Favorite Smells:
5. Anything pine scented including fresh Christmas trees *gag* *sneeze*
4. Garlic: note to all chefs, go easy on this mess.
3. Port-o-potty: not even a freshly cleaned one can inspire enough confidence for my shy bladder.
2. Hot tar: does anyone like this smell?
1. New car smell: I know I am in the minority here, but I hate it. I have a few sachets of lavender hidden around my car to ward off the new car smell.
5. Lavender: I visited a lavender farm once. It was heavenly.
4. Freshly baked cookies: a classic
3. Peaches/nectarines: I lump them together, because they are cousins, and smell similar.
2. Tangelos/oranges: see note above.
1. Freshly brewed Earl Grey tea
Smell ya later, Gentle Readers.